
On the eve of the confirmation interrogation, he will become a federal appeal judge in Philadelphia, an administrative clerk Trump Emil Bove was accused by informant saying that American officials should consider opposing court orders that would block the deportations of alleged gang members.
Bove, a former personal lawyer of President Donald Trump and the main deputy of the Prosecutor General, was elected by the president to fill in the free mandate of the Federal Court of Appeal based in Philadelphia.
The court, formally known as the US Court for the Third District, receives cases from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Virgin Islands. If it is confirmed by Congress, Bove will fill the place in New Jersey or Delaware.
Before this happens, Bove must undergo a hearing in Congress on Wednesday.
The expected grilling will now include Explosive allegations It was Bove that said at the March meeting of the Department of Justice that the department would have to consider telling the courts “F … You” and “ignore” all court orders that would prevent the administration from deporting the alleged members of the Venezuelad gang.
New information is included in a letter written by Erez Reuvenni, a 15-year-old lawyer of the department, who was released in April after he told the Federal Judge that Trump’s administration deported an immigrant incorrectAccording to the National Public Radio.
Reuvenni was released after saying in the April court hearing that Kilmar Abrego Garcia, a Salvadorian man living in Maryland, should not be deported to Prison in El SalvadorCNN reported.
“Mr. Reuvenni was stunned by Bove’s statement, because, at Mr. Reuveni’s knowledge, no one in the leadership – in no administration – never suggested that the Department of Justice may grossly ignore court orders, especially”, according to Reuveni’s lawyers, according to Reuveni’s lawyers New York Times.
Newspaper Originally published A story describing the revelations of Reuveni informants.
Bove was involved in several controversial matters during his career.
Bove he defended Trump When he was convicted last year He hides $ 130,000 in Cich-Monyy Payements for the Storm Storm Daniels during his presidential campaign in 2016.
In January Bove released A dozen or so prosecutors who worked on matters related to January 6, 2021, an attack on the US Capitol.
A month later, Bove signed a request that allowed the Department of Justice to move Reject corruption fees against the mayor of New York Eric Adams, who led seven federal prosecutors in New York and Washington to resign in protest.
Adams release, Democratic legislators alleged, it was part What is the place where This ensured Adams’s cooperation with Trump’s administrative efforts in order to deal with undocumented immigrants. Adams negative plea.
Bove participated in various “dubious” files, according to Senator Dick Durbin (D., Ill.), A member of the judicial Senate who will interrogate Bove on Wednesday.
“As a senior official of the Department of Justice, Mr. Bove used his position in many ways,” said Durbin in statement On Tuesday. Then he encouraged his colleagues not to “reverse A blind eye to the tragic consequences of Mr. Bove’s confirmation for life as a judge of the District Court. “
Defending Bove, deputy general prosecutor Todd Blanche – different lawyer who represented Trump during the criminal trial in 2024 – he refused to charge informants as “completely false”.
Blanche wrote that he was at a meeting at which Bove allegedly raised the idea of ​​disobedience of court orders.
“At no time, no one suggested that the court order should not be observed,” he said. “Planting a false impact the day before confirming interrogation is something that we expect from the media, but does not mean that it should be tolerated,” Blanche wrote.