Shapiro and others will let Trump for health care for transgender people

Governor Josh Shapiro joined 15 States and Washington lawsuit against the efforts of Trump’s administration in order to eliminate health care confirming sex for transgender people under 19 years of age.

The lawsuit, submitted last Friday at the Federal Court in Boston, also castrate the administration of “intimidating” medical service providers in order to provide such care.

Since January, the administration “has constantly, cruelly and illegally targeted transgender people,” we read in the lawsuit.

“The result is the atmosphere of fear and intimidation of the experience of transgender people, their families and carers and medical specialists who only try to provide the needed, lawful care.”

In the statement, after submitting Shapiro, he called on the administration to “threaten unjustified civil investigations and criminal proceedings against healthcare providers in Pennsylvania.”

Shapiro’s involvement is perceptible because it is the only name called on the plaintiff’s list, the rest of which are Columbia’s countries and the district. The governor of the first period built a significant national profile last year, when the former vice president of Kamala Harris included it on a brief list of potential colleagues. Since the election, he remained in the eye of the public as a potential democratic presidential candidate in 2028.

Not so long ago, Shapiro was criticized by the LGBTQ community in the state for little saying about federal restrictions on health care confirming sex, especially after Penn Medicine and other Pennsylvania health care systems, announced that they will no longer provide surgery confirming sexes under 19 years of age.

“If Shapiro has any presidential ambitions, it’s better to start talking,” said Kyle McIntyre in June, the organizer of Delco Pride, calling him to “fight” for the community.

He asked for a comment on Wednesday about the participation of Shapiro in the lawsuit, Darius McLean, acting the executive director William Way LGBTQ Community Center It was impossible to get at the City City.

The suit and the role of Shapiro in it caused an enraged answer from Pennsylvania Republican campaign Committeewhose executive director, Cody Harbaugh, said on Tuesday in a statement that “the last attempt to root in a radical democratic base exposes children’s health.”

The claim is a reaction to several movements made by the Trump administration regarding transgender people.

The spokesman for the White House said on Wednesday in response to the request for a comment on the claim that President Donald Trump took “decisive actions to stop the wicked mutilation and chemical castration of children.”

In January, Trump signed executive order By announcing that the United States will no longer finance or support the “so -called” passage “of a child from one sex to another.”

By slandering such activities as “a spot in the history of our nation,” the Order accused medical staff of “mutilation and sterilization … Sensitive children under a radical and false claim that adults can change the child’s sex through a series of irreversible medical interventions.”

In May, Mehmet Oz, a former television personality, and currently the administrator of the Federal Medicare & Medicaid centers, wrote a letter to nine hospitals – including in Philadelphia, in accordance with New York Times – Speaking transgender interventions are carried out with a “poorly developed collection of evidence.”

Required letter “Financial reviews of transitional sex” Requirement from hospitals to provide federal governments of their bills for “modifications of pediatric sexual characteristics”. All nine hospitals appear on the so -called Dirty Tuzen list, the Times, which represents 12 “worst hospitals of children promoting the treatment of sexual changes for minors” as agreed as establishments Stop the damage databaserun by a conservative group of “concerned citizens”.

The list includes a children’s hospital in Philadelphia. A call to chopped on Wednesday to ask if the hospital was the recipient of the OZ letter was not returned.

In July, the Trump administration continued his pressure as the Department of Justice Issued calls Information about the patient from almost two dozens of doctors and hospitals that ensure sex -related treatment for minors, reports The Times.

Also last month, Shapiro made his first public statements On the Act in the legislation in Pennsylvania, which would prohibit transgender students to play girls’ sports:

“What we do not need in Pennsylvania are politicians – extremist politicians such as Donald Trump, [Republican State Sen.] Doug Mastriano and those others – try to regulate the student’s participation in the way they tried to do many other things, such as the rights to abortion or equality of marriage. “

The State Senate, controlled by the Republicans, adopted a bill, but stuck in a deadline in the Chamber, where the democrats have a majority.

In general, 56% of Americans favors or strongly favor the laws and policies that prohibit healthcare employees in providing care related to juvenile transitions, in accordance with the February examination conducted by Pew Center.

Get in Touch

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related Articles

Latest Posts