
Democrat Patrick Dugan won the GOP nomination as the next District Prosecutor in Philadelphia, but he said earlier that he would not accept him.
Dugan, a former local judge, lost a democratic basis to the current regional prosecutor Larry Krasner last month through double numbers.
»Read more: Like Larry Krasner was won by the District Prosecutor in Philadelphia – again
But he won 6167 republican votes, a six times larger number needed to win the place in November, in accordance with the report of the Philadelphia office of the city’s commissioners, the board run by the city elections. Republicans did not put their own candidate to be the best prosecutor of the city.
In the weeks preceding May 20, the Committee of the Republican City of Philadelphia organized a writing campaign Apply Dugan in anticipation that he will lose its democratic basic for Krasner. The GOP campaign painted Dugan as a moderate, which could overthrow the Krasner, honest progressive, in November Universal elections.
Dugan said before the election that he would not accept the GOP nomination if he received it. His campaign did not respond to the request for comment on Tuesday evening, or it was.
According to the Department of State, Pennsylvania, Dugan has until August 11 to pay a fee for reporting GOP or withdraw from voting. If he does not pay the fee for the notification, the GOP nomination will be considered free.
Republicans hoped that Dugan could consider again. The party leaders said they prefer Dugan, because he is more arduous in relation to crime than Krasner.
Republicans needed 1,000 voters to write on behalf of Dugan to appoint it. The writing campaign significantly exceeded this goal, and Dugan received a lion with 7145 GOP votes in the race without the candidate.
Dozens of other votes were cast on various mistakes on behalf of Dugan or incorrect names in combination with the name of Dugan.
In an interview last month, the chairman of the Republican Party in Philadelphia Vince Fenerty suggested that Dugan could win in November, creating a coalition of independent, republican and moderate democratic voters.
On Wednesday, Fenerty said that he remained full of hope that Dugan would be considered again.
“At the moment, according to my best knowledge, the judge looks at all his options,” said Fenerty.