
President Joe Biden provides his farewell address to the nation from the Oval Office of the White House on January 15, 2025 in Washington (photo Mandel Ngan – Pool/Getty Pictures)
Washington – according to former president Joe Biden, was diagnosed with a “more aggressive form” of prostate cancer, according to his office’s statement on Sunday.
In Biden’s statement, 82 years aged, last week was evident with a up-to-date discovery of a prostate lump after the experience of growing urinary symptoms. “On Friday, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, characterized by the result of Gleason 9 (group 5 class) with bone metastases”, a statement.
“Although this is a more aggressive form of the disease, cancer seems to be sensitive to hormones, which allows for effective management,” he continued. “The president and his family are looking at the treatment options for their doctors.”
The New York Times informed on May 12 that a few days earlier the “little nodule” was discovered to a prostate biden, which required a “further assessment”, according to the spokesperson.
According to the National Cancer Institute, Prostate cancer is slowly growing, the second leading cause of cancer death among men in the United States and the most common cancer.
“Joe is a warrior”
Support statements immediately began to flow on Sunday as a word of diagnosis.
“Doug and I are saddened when we learn about the diagnosis of prostate cancer of President Biden,” his former vice president and nominated for democratic candidates in 2024, Kamala Harris, He said on X. “We keep him, Dr. Biden and their whole family in our hearts and prayer at that time. Joe is a warrior – and I know that he will become a challenge with the same strength, immunity and optimism that always defined his life and leadership. We hope for a full and quick recovery.”
“Melania and I am happy to hear about the recent medical diagnosis of Joe Biden,” wrote President Donald Trump in social media. “We are expanding our warmest and best wishes for Jill and family, and we wish Joe a quick and successful recovery.
Governor Minnesota Tim Walz, a democrat who was the vice president of the party after Biden gave up the race, and Harris took his place at the top of the ticket, said at X that Biden is “a really decent man and a friend.”
“Gwen and I pray for President Biden and his family,” he wrote.
“I regret to hear about the diagnosis of Cancer of President Biden and I wish him and his family well when he begins treatment”, republican senator Maine Susan Collins wrote on x.
Pete Buttigieg, former South Bend, Indiana, a mayor who was the secretary of transport of Biden after launching against Biden, Harris and others in the democratic presidential Primage in 2020, said that “he is a man of deep faith and extraordinary immunity.”
“Chasten and I keep him, and the whole family Biden, in our prayers for strength and healing,” Buttigiegieg wrote on x.
“Joe was a warrior all his life. He will win. Sending Dr. Jill Biden and their families my absolute support,” democratic senator John Fetterman from Pennsylvania Published on X.
“This is a very sad news. Pray for his recovery,” representative of GOP Florida Anna Paulina Luna he said On X. “We will be not in this fight for President Biden!” Former representative of the American Florida Matt Gaetz wrote Reposting Luna’s post.
The factor is aging in the presidential race
Biden doctors said he was effective and fit enough to become president after assessing in February 2024.
“President Biden is a healthy, active, solid 81-year-old man who remains suitable for effective performance of the presidency, Dr. Kevin C. O’Connor wrote.
But until this summer, the deteriorating state of Biden – although not associated with Sunday diagnosis – would force him to offer him.
Biden He gave up the race for the presidency On July 21, 2024, creating an unprecedented vacancy at the top of the democratic ticket a month before the official acceptance of your party’s nomination. He supported Harris to take his place as a democratic candidate, and was nominated by Democrats, but lost the election to Trump.
Biden withdrawal took place after a weekly pressure campaign from outside people disastrous On June 27, 2024, the performance of the debate against the candidate for GOP Trump and the growing critic that he could not bear the winning campaign against the man he defeated in 2020. Biden seemed delicate and confused at several points of the debate, which led to worries that was no longer consistent with the task.
After leaving the White House on January 20, Biden kept a low profile and did not publicly comment on April 15, when he criticized the current administration for cutting thousands of employees in the administration of social security and overthrow those who questioned the importance of the program.
“In less than 100 days, this new administration has made so much damage and so much destruction. It’s a bit breathtaking that can happen,” said Biden. “They took the ax to the social insurance administration, pushing 7,000 employees – 7,000 – at that time, including the most experienced career officials.”
Book publication
In recent days, Book publication By two political reporters, Jake Tapper from CNN and Alex Thompson from Axios, caused controversy by their claims that those in the inner circle of biden worked on maintaining his cognitive view before the public.
The book entitled “Sin original” – based on interviews with what the authors said, were over 200 people, mainly democratic people from the outside – contained up-to-date details about the presidency, such as Biden, which apparently do not recognize the film star of George Clooney during the collection of money in June 2024 in Los Angeles. The decline in biden was one in 2023 and 2024 The utilize of a wheelchair was discussed, If he was re -elected, the book informed.
Only Friday the White House made the sound of Biden interview through the Department of Justice Special Advisor Robert Hur Who issued a long reportT, stating that although President Joe Biden “intentionally retained” classified materials after his time as a vice president, he would not be accused of crime.
Hur wrote in 388-page report February 2024 It was prosecutors who considered “that at the trial Biden would probably introduce the jury, as during our interview with him, as a nice, good, older man with poor memory.”
Jacob Fischler contributed to this report.