
Jack Ciattarelli, nominated for GOP at this year’s Governor’s race in New Jersey, opposes the immigrant stop plan in the common McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst database, showing a sporadic dispute with the administration of President Donald Trump, though on the day.
Eric Arpert, the head of the Ciattarelli campaign, said that the candidate was opposed to the plan, but emphasized that Ciattarelli believes that Democrats are guilty and left the White House “forced to deal with it.”
Mayor of WrightStown Donald Cottrell, a Republican whose 400 residents district Connections The basis spoke against the plan last Friday and said that the residents are afraid that protesters against the site would bring “civic anxieties”.
Ciattarelli, who won Gop Primary with a immense margin after Trump supported him, said in a statement Nj.com About the base, including “NJ Democrats, including [U.S. Rep.] Miki Sherrill created a crisis, issuing a welcome mat for illegal immigrants with their dangerous state policy of the sanctuary. “
“After creating a crisis, they now want to blame the White House for being forced to deal with it,” added Ciattarelli. “It’s as if the arsonist complains that he has started fire.”
US Secretary of Defense Pete HegeSeth said in a letter of July 15 that Trump’s administration plans to accommodate immigration detainees at the South Jersey military base, which occupies 42,000 acres on Burlington and Ocean.
Democratic selected officials condemned this decision.
Sherrill, a democratic candidate for the governor, said at the beginning of this month that using the base was “unacceptable” for DHS.
“This is a gross use of one of the most important military assets in New Jersey and reduces the important installation of national security on the stage of the political theater, which flies in the face of the apolitical army,” she said in a statement. “The use of the basis for detention operations The risk of degrading operational capacity imposes improper burden on our service members and harms civil relations.”
Democratic US representatives. Donald Norcross and the coat of arms of Conaway, whose district covers the base, at the end of last week said that Trump’s administration kept them in the murky about the plans of this place. They said they had heard media reports, that there could be 1000 to 3,000 detained in the database, but they could not confirm this information.
Sherrilla administration often attacked Ciattarelli for adapting to Trump, especially His comment last month at nj.com that he currently does not agree with Trump to nothing.
This time, Ciattarelli was faithful to Trump through his entire campaign, after the distance and speech against him in the past. Ciattarelli, A former member of the State Assembly, he also applied for the governor in 2017 and 2021.