
District prosecutor Larry Krasner called this.
The Krasner immediately publicly debated his then main opponent Patrick F. Dugan, the progressive prosecutor questioned the connections of his pretender with local republicans and detained him in the condemnation of President Donald J. Trump.
Leading to the May elections, Krasner repeatedly advertised his involvement in the resistance of Republicans – and signaled that Dugan was secretly one of them.
Dugan and his team rejected the accusations, moving so far that even among the GOP chief campaign, to convey him a republican nomination, the Democrat would not accept the nodded and escape throughout his life.
Until Saturday – when the former judge of the City Court announced that he would actually face the dwarf in the universal elections as a republican.
On Monday, Krasner, in his first statements since his announcement, said that he confirmed what he said all the time about Dugan and his modern party: “They are in the war with the truth.”
“If I look like I’m going over and over, I’m because it doesn’t make sense,” said Krasner A film made available on his social media Accounts. “But on the other hand, what makes sense in the Republican Party led by Trump?”
“Let’s get up, not only here, but throughout the country, for this kind of flash, this kind of undermining our election process,” he said.
In response, Dugan said that he did not run for a political party, but he failed for the inhabitants of the city.
“I did not run in the Democratic Party in May and did not run for the Republican Party in November,” he said. “I ran and candidate after all Philadelphians, all crime victims, our children, all districts possessed by the inept policy of Krasner – regardless of their party.”
Dugan said he remains a registered democrat and does not intend to change it despite the adoption of the GOP nomination.
“I won the right to vote in universal elections and accepted the wishes of voters after a long deliberation,” he said, adding that he again considered his initial attitude after the inhabitants of both sides asked him.
“Now I am marked by a liar when Krasner has been lying to Philadelphia for eight years,” he said. “This breed is Dugan against Krasner-Common Sense against a radical non-dissertation, not a democrat against the Republican.”
Krasner used his film on Monday to get support for his campaign, which in recent months fell on a hug after he skilfully defeated Dugan by 29 percentage points in the May elections. No Republican submitted a request against him, so he prepared for the coast towards a certain win.
But the rumors about the interests of Philly Gop in the writing campaign began to spin for weeks before the base. The effort turned out to be successful because over 6,100 voters wrote Dugan as a republican nominee – six times than the sum needed to qualify for the place of universal elections.
Despite this, Dugan said he would not accept the nomination. His campaign manager, Dan Kalai, said that Dugan “was never interested in running as a republican or talked about it.” (Kalai no longer works in the Dugan campaign. It was not clear at once who took over in his place).
Gop Philly did not take not to answer. The local chairman of the Vince Fenerty Republican Party said that he hopes that Dugan would consider again, and in last month the GOP City Committee probed residents or voting for Dugan in November.
On Saturday, Dugan announced that he would take part in the race again.
“I can’t stand and let Mr. Krasner still keep our hostage to the city,” he said, announcing his decision. “Every Philadelphin has a real choice this fall and I believe that they will stand with me for common sense and security.”
Bob Brady, chairman of the Democratic Party in Philadelphia, called him “complete disgrace”.
“He has zero honesty. Zero,” Brady said, adding that he doesn’t need liars in our party. “
Fenerty, the equivalent of GOP Brady, praised Dugan’s decision, saying: “This is a gigantic mountain is climbing, but it is possible to achieve.”
Dugan is a retired parachute who served in the army for 23 years. At the beginning of this year he resigned from the judge’s position to apply for the District Prosecutor.