A court order is blocked by Trump before eliminating the American education department

Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Building in the photo on November 25, 2024 (photo Shaneen Miranda/States newsroom)

Washington – the US Education Department must temporarily restore hundreds of employees dismissed at the beginning of this year and cannot follow the ordinance of President Donald Trump, who wants to dismantle the agency, ruled on Thursday a federal judge in Massachusetts.

. ruling It results from a pair of March processes – one of the lots of Democratic general lawyersanother of Coalition of spokesman and workers’ groups – And he blocks three Trump’s initiatives, which means a grave blow to the president’s educational program, because his administration tries to dramatically transform a federal role in education.

Lawsuit to question some of the most consistent educational initiatives of administration: reducing the effort strength in the agency that looked at Over 1,300 employeesExecutive ordinance of Trump calling for education secretary Linda McMahon closure her own department and Trump’s proposal To grow again the portfolio of student loans in the field of administration for tiny companies and educational services in the Health and Social Welfare Department.

“The department without a sufficient number of employees to perform statutory functions is not a department at all,” wrote US District Judge Myeong J. Joun in its 88-page Memorandum and an ordinance issuing a preliminary order.

“This tribunal cannot be asked to cover the eyes, while the department’s employees are still released and the units are transferred until the department becomes the shell itself,” wrote the joun, which was appointed by former President Joe Biden.

The preliminary order of Jour took care of immediately and will remain until the advantages of a consolidated case are established.

The Department’s spokesman said that the administration would immediately appeal against the decision. Since then, the agency appealed.

Wines for democratic countries

One of the cases comes from the coalition of democratic prosecutors in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Colombia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New York, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island, State and State and Rhode Island and State and Wisconsin.

The second lawsuit was filed by the American Federation of Teachers, its chapter Massachusetts, AFSCME Council 93, American Association of University Professors, the International Union of Service Workers and two school districts in Massachusetts.

They plan to reduce the department caused fears of supporters of education and leaders In how the agency would be able to perform its basic duties after roughly half of the labor force, including grave cuts of key units, including the Federal Student Assistance Office, the Bureau of Citizenship and the Institute of Educational Sciences.

Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers, one of the largest teachers’ relationships in the country, celebrated his ruling in a Thursday statement.

“Today, the court rightly rejected one of the first illegal and consistent administration activities: the abolition of a federal role in education,” said Weingarten.

“This decision is the first step to reverse this war of knowledge and undermine the wide possibility. That America can build a better future, we all have to take more responsibility for the success of our children.”

The order of JUNA is also secured by the agency of conducting the President’s Directive in order to transfer the portfolio of student loans and special educational services from the Agency.

Trump announced a proposal that did not have an accompanying executive order at the opening of an oval office with the secretary of defense Pete HegeSeth. This week, the department said States Newsroom that there is nothing fresh to share at the proposed transfer at the moment.

The judge “crossed dramatically”

Madi Biedermann, a spokesman for the department, said that the agency “would immediately question it in emergency.”

“Once again, the extremely left -wing judge dramatically exceeded his authority, based on a complaint of biased reasons, and issued an order against the lawful efforts that the Education Department was more efficient and functional for the American nation,” she said in a statement with the States.

“President Trump and secretary of education confirmed by the Senate clearly have the right to make decisions regarding the efforts of the agency’s reorganization, and not an undered judge with a political ax to Grind. This ruling is not in the best interest of American students or families.”

Thursday’s ruling took place only a day later McMahon took grilling From American Democrats due to drastic cuts and proposed changes in its department during an interrogation in the panel of the American House Committee for funds.

McMahon appeared before the legislators to outline Trump’s budget application in the 2026 tax year, which requires $ 12 billion of expenditure cuts in the section.

Get in Touch

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related Articles

Latest Posts