Trump’s administration says PA. And other states that freezes $ 6.8 billion on school programs K-12

President Donald Trump speaks to reporters after signing executive orders in an oval office on April 23, 2025. Secretary of trade Howard Lutnick, Secretary of Labor Party Lori Chavez-Deremer and education secretary Linda McMahon looks. (Photo chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

Washington-Administration Trump suspended $ 6.8 billion in federal funds for K-12 schools, as notified by the Education Department obtained by State Newsroom.

The agency informed on Monday that it would stop the funds for several programs, including programs before and after school, migration education and learning in English.

But the agency informed the United States just a day before July 1 – the date of these funds is usually sent because teachers are planning for the upcoming school year.

“The department remains obliged to ensure that taxpayers’ resources are issued in accordance with the president’s priorities and the duties of the department,” he wrote to the States.

A notification that did not provide any schedule was found that the funds were subjected to review and “no decisions were made regarding applications and awards for the upcoming academic year.”

Affected programs, according to Democrats Committee on Senate Menageswitch on:

  • Title of IC on the subject of migrants’ education
  • Title II-A, after improving the effectiveness of teachers and school leaders
  • Title III, for obtaining English
  • Title IV-A, on STEM education, counseling in college and professional and other classes
  • Title IV-B, on programs before and after school and summer programs
  • Subsidies focused on adult education and reading and writing programs

You are looking for these funds. For example, last week, the Oklahoma Education Department announced that he had not yet received money from the federal government to migration education, obtaining English and other programs, in accordance with Oklahoma Voicice.

“At the end” of the department

By adding fuel to the fire, Trump wants to eliminate all these programs as part of its budget request for the budget year for the budget year. This wish list, according to Summary of the departmentCalls $ 12 billion of total cuts in the agency.

This is proposed a cut worth $ 12 billion “” reflects the agency that ends responsibly “, notes the document.

Meanwhile, there is also a coalition of 16 states Trump administration lawsuit During the cancellation at the beginning of this year, raising about $ 1 billion in school subsidies for mental health – other school funds – an attempt to restore this money.

The lawsuit was filed on Monday at the American District Court for the Western Washington district in Seattle. The states are California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Mexico, New York, Nevada, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington and Wisconsin.

Uncertainty created

In a statement on Tuesday, a senator of the American state of Washington Patty Murray, the highest democrat from the Senate’s expenditure panel, called Trump’s administration to immediately release frozen funds.

“President Trump himself signed these funds – but this does not stop him from striving resources to support programs before and after school, help students learn, support teachers in class and much more,” said Murray. “The uncertainty he created has already forced districts to delay employment and other initiatives to help students. The only question has now remained how much more damage our public schools want to do.”

“Local school districts cannot afford long court proceedings to obtain federal financing that are guilty – they can not make a shortage, especially not behind a decrease in a pin,” Murray added.

Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers, blew up administration, saying that this is “another illegal usurpation of the authority of the Congress” and “directly harms children in our nation.”

“Leaders of Public Schools K-12 throughout the country, who should have started planning months ago for the summer and the upcoming school year, leave instead in financial uncertainty,” added Weingarten, who manages one of the largest relationships of teachers in the country.

Approved by Congress

Carissa Moffat Miller, General Director of the Central Council of State School officials, said: “The administration must fully provide funding for the title at a timely time,” in a statement made available to States Newsroom on Tuesday.

“These funds were approved by Congress and signed by President Trump in March,” said Miller. “Schools need these funds to employ key employees and educate students this summer and in the coming school year.”

In response to the request for a comment on frozen funds, the Education Department sent Newsroom to the management office and budget, which is responsible for administering the federal budget and supervising the results of departments throughout the Federal Government.

Administrative commentary

In a statement divided on Wednesday with the United States on Wednesday, OMB spokesman said: “This is a continuous program financing program program” and “no decisions have yet been made.”

The spokesman noted that “preliminary findings have shown that many of these grant programs were grossly used to subsidize the radical leftist program.”

Get in Touch

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related Articles

Latest Posts