A dozen states allow Trump’s administration to stop the tariff policy

New York – a dozen or so states have sued Trump’s administration on Wednesday in the International Court in New York to stop Tariff policy, Saying that he is unlawful and brought the chaos of the American economy.

The lawsuit stated that the policy introduced by President Donald Trump was subject to his “whim, not a reasonable execution of legal authority.”

This questioned Trump’s claim that he could arbitrarily impose tariffs on the basis of The International Act on emergency economic rights. The claim asks the court to recognize the tariffs as illegal, and to block government agencies and its officers before their enforcement.

The message sent to the Department of Justice for the purpose of commenting was not immediately returned.

The countries mentioned as the reason in the lawsuit were Oregon, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maine, Minnesota, Nevada, Nowy Mexico, New York and Vermont.

In a statement, Prosecutor General Arizona Kris Mayes called Trump’s tariff program “crazy”.

She said it was “not only economically reckless – she is illegal.”

Prosecutor General Connecticut William Tong said: “Trump tariffs and chaotic tariffs are a huge tax for Connecticut families and a disaster for companies and jobs in Connecticut.”

The lawsuit argued that only Congress is entitled to apply tariffs and that the president may refer to the International Act on emergency right when the failure is an “extraordinary and extraordinary threat” from abroad.

“Recognizing the right to apply huge and constantly changing tariffs to all goods entering the United States, which he chooses, for any reason, which is convenient to announce a crisis situation, the president raised the constitutional order and brought chaos to the American economy,” said the lawsuit.

California last week Gavin Gavin Newsom, Democrat, sued The Trump’s administration in the American District Court in the northern California district on tariff policy, saying that his state may lose billions of dollars of income as the largest importer in the country.

A spokesman for the White House, Kush Desai, responded to the lawsuit to the news, saying that the Trump administration “remains involved in dealing with this national threat, which the Zdziekowa America industry and leaving our employees with each tool, from tariffs to negotiations.”

Get in Touch

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related Articles

Latest Posts